Ver Mensaje Individual
Antiguo 31-12-1969, 20:00:00   #10
Gonzalo Bravo
Zookaholic
Top 5000

Predeterminado Como remolcar un TLC

Al parecer no es solo para el Samurai y la Dana 300, este post es para el Toyota Land Cruisser, donde recomiendan sacarlo por diversas experiencias:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...hreadid=111486

COPIO

t-case in neutral, hubs unlocked. Ideally, you have the t-case converted for 2WD low. (cut out the guide plate)

Make sure there is nothing in the passenger compartment that could fall and hit the t-case shifter....BTDT, cost me a t-case.

Really, you only need to pull the 4 bolts that hold the driveshaft to the rear pinion and then tie it up. For a long tow, highly recommended.

hubs unlocked
unbolt rear DS from diff

I had a FJ40 parts rig delivered a few years ago
the drivetrain was in excellent shape
tricked out 2F, centerforce clutch, PTO etc
well, somehow it engaged or something locked up
it blew the t-case into 3 pieces
punched a hole in the rear diff
bent flanges
snapped various cables
shattered the female portion of the slip yoke
took a bite out of the frame
dumped several litres of gear oil on the highway for more then 200'
scared the piss out of the driver when the cruiser locked up and had smoke pouring off the rear tires
to top it off it was nearing the end of rush hour on a friday evening of a long weekend
It cost me an additional $180 to rush a flat deck out there to grab it.
then we had to winch it off the deck back at my shop
and had to winch it into the yard with the back wheels locked up

It was so much fun that I always get things hauled on flat bed trucks now.

Definitely unhook the rear driveshaft. Unbolt the rear of it, mark the driveshaft and flange and slip it off the yolk. When you get there line it up on the mark, slip it on the yolk and bolt it up.

I learned the hard way. Had to replace tranny( broke housing in half) , rear shaft, ebrake parts(lost on freeway), rear diff (pinion went through housing).

Just take the 5 minutes and remove that rear shaft. You can evne just unbolt the rear and tie it up. 5 minutes work is well worth it.

In addition to my costs I almost had to pay for my friends truck and could have been responsible for killing them. He was behind me and if anything would have flown straight back it could have killed them. TAKE THE REAR SHAFT OUT!

Report this post to a moderator

[OlllllllO]
Suzuki Sj413+2JZ GTE+A340+NP231/TLC Doubler+Irok 36"+Toys 8"+E Lockers+4.3:1+12" ORIs

First you crawl, then you walk, then you drive, then you crawl again.......
Gonzalo Bravo está offline   Responder Con Cita